SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Creative problem solver with extensive instructional design and learning development experience. Experienced at leading learning projects and collaborating with others to provide effective learning solutions.
KEY AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Instructional Design
- E-Learning Development
- Adult Learning Principles
- Curriculum Design / Professional Development /
- Project Management
- Research / Analysis
- Communication / Collaboration
- Evaluation / Assessment
Instructional Designer, CareAcademy, Boston, MA, February 2018 – April 2023
Instrumental in building a content library training nearly 500,000 caregivers completing over 2 million classes.
- Designed and developed over 100 e-learning courses and standalone videos on home care for the elderly, including writing video scripts, drafting storyboards, developing Rise learning modules, and creating live-action and animated Vyond videos.
- Collaborated with subject matter experts (SMEs) to develop a 75-hour blended competency-based curriculum to certify home health aides (HHA), including instructor guide, lesson plans, skills checklists, and a 150-question test bank.
- Transformed the instructor-led curriculum of a leading home care agency with 6,500 staff members into a hybrid curriculum, incorporating skill-based videos.
- Developed a comprehensive Covid-19 resource at the beginning of the pandemic, incorporating video, animated gifs, and infographics generating 40,000 enrollments in 2 years.
- Implemented process improvements for content development, including the use of AI-based tools, resulting in a 15% reduction in production time.
Senior Content and Learning Developer, Institute of Real Estate Management, Chicago, IL,
August 2012 – March 2017
Managed projects through the design and development process, including leading SMEs, coordinating review meetings, and developing in-person and online course materials.
- Developed full-day instructor-led training (ILT) courses for property management, maintenance, and marketing, including managing a team of SMEs and developing student and instructor materials for an association of 20,000 real estate management professionals.
- Designed and developed e-learning modules in Articulate Storyline on fair housing, human resources, and media communications, incorporating gamification, comics, and social learning.
- Developed multimedia course material, curriculum guide, and student interactions for
four graduate-level courses on real estate management for Realtor University.
- Co-authored and edited textbooks on multifamily property management, property maintenance, and marketing and leasing of retail properties, currently available at Amazon.com.
Instructional Design and Technology Consultant, Mindy Wallis Consulting, 2001 – 2023
Clients include: Maine Center for Prehospital Education; Forrester Research; NXLevel Solutions; Walgreens; Culligan; American Bar Association; Adoption Learning Partners; National Association of Securities Dealers; Mercury Marine.
- Designed instructional activities, researched and drafted content scripts, and edited video for
15 e-learning courses for parents and adoption professionals, generating over 50,000 annual enrollments. Won a Bronze Medal for Custom Content in the Excellence in Learning Awards.
- Provided content management expertise to iPad application development, developing workflows, including working with programmers, conducting usability testing and training end-users.
- Managed content for Red Dot intranet site for legal association with over 20,000 members. Conducted quality assurance tests, improved usability, and drafted user manual and style guide.
- Conducted research, wrote content scripts and developed e-learning courses for the National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD), Walgreens, and Culligan Water.
- Developed and conducted train-the-trainer workshops on a learning management system (LMS) for a Fortune 500 company.
- Developed information architecture and wrote web content for non-profit mental health organization.
- Provided leadership, formulated strategy, facilitated workshops, coordinated communication and managed volunteer workforce for community organization with 14 separate sub-units.
- Designed a data entry program, hired, trained and managed a staff of 25 full- and part-time employees, and wrote a complete procedure manual for a national crime database.
Owner, Positive Sum Communities, Evanston, IL, 2010 – 2012
- Founded a coupon book fundraising company. Solicited advertising from 100 local businesses, coordinated printing and distribution of 3,000 coupon books to 20 charitable organizations; created marketing materials, website and social media presence for the business.
- E-Learning: Articulate 360 (Rise/Studio/Storyline); Gomo
- Animation/Video Development: Vyond; Powtoon; Moovly; FinalCut Pro: Descript; Steve.ai; Pictory
Audio: Audactiy; Play.ht
- Graphics: Adobe Creative Suite; Canva
- Screen Capture: Camtasia; SnagIt; Loom
- LMS: Cornerstone; LearnUpon; Thought Industries
- Content Management: SharePoint; RedDot
Project Management: Asana; SmartSheets
Software: Microsoft Office 365; iWork; GoogleSuite
Master of Science, Library and Information Science, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, IL
Master of Arts, History, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL
Bachelor of Arts, History and American Studies, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL,
- Magna Cum Laude with departmental honors
- Phi Beta Kappa